Server administration programs and the Windows SharePoint Services Web applications on this Web server are not compatible
I got this error when trying to update the peoplepicker query with the stsadm peoplepicker-searchadcustomquery command. In my case I did use a wrong URL, that gave this error.
Removing Invalid SharePoint 2007 Features or features without a feature.xml:
1. Run the WssAnalyzeFeatures tool and view the Problems Log for invalid feature id (guids)
2. Try running STSADM -o deactivatefeature -id %featureIdFromLogFile% -force
3. Try running STSADM -o uninstallfeature -id %featureIdFromLogFile% -force
4. Run the WssAnalyzeFeatures tool and see if the problems we’re resolved.
5. If feature can’t be removed or is in a subsite for a failed WSP solution uninstall…try running the WssRemoveFeatureFromSite to forcefully invalid old features.
5. Remove the feature ID’s until WssAnalyzeFeatures shows no errors.
Tutorial to create a DPM recovery farm (MOSS 2007):
- Open the SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration console from the Start Menu.
- Once the SharePoint 3.0 Central Administration console is open, click on the Application Management tab which opens to display all of the various options for managing your SharePoint installation.
- Look under the SharePoint Web Application Management heading to find the Web application list at the bottom and select this menu item.
- When the Web Application List appears, check through the list to confirm that the DPMRecoveryWebApplication does not already exist. If it does exist, you are free to delete it and continue with these instructions or you may continue with the one that exists. If it does not exist, please continue through the following steps to create one.
- Click the “back arrow” to return to the Application Management page. Under the SharePoint Web Application Management heading, click on the Create or Extend Web application.
- The Create or Extend Web application page appears with two options. The first called Create a new Web application is the one we will choose. The second option, Extend an existing Web application is not needed for this purpose.
- After clicking the Create a new Web application link, the Create New Web Application page appears displaying various necessary fields for details about the web application that is being created. Here is a brief summary of the important fields of this page.
- Chose the Create a new IIS web site and in the description, name it “DPMRecoveryWebApplication”.
- In the Port field, give it a unique port which is not shared by any other internal application.
- The Host Header and Path fields can remain unchanged.
- Scroll down to the radio button Create new application pool and in the Application pool name box, note that the entry name includes the port number and the SharePoint recovery server name.
- Under the Select a security account for this application pool, select the Configurable radio button and type in a suitable account and password in the fields that follow. Note the security warning at the top of the page indicating that the credentials of this account may be transmitted in clear-text across the network.
- Lastly, in the Database Name box, type in DPMRecoveryWebApplication.
- iisreset /noforce
If the audittable grows to fast, you can use the Trimauditlog features of STSADM to delete audit entries older than a certain date.
For example (To specify a date of July 4, 2008, and the content database name WSSContent123456, you would use the following syntax:):
stsadm -o trimauditlog –date 20080704 –databasename WSSContent123456
If you use the RSS feeds webpart for a internet feed in MOSS 2007 and your farm uses a proxy server you will recieve this error:
ProtocolError occured trying to complete the request. The server returned a status code of : ProxyAuthenticationRequired and the status description is : “Proxy Authentication Required ( The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy filter is denied. )”
There are two setting that you must change to get the RSS feeds working:
- add this rule to the web.config file of the web application:
- add the server IP address to the ISA rule list
Steps to Configure Site Usage Reporting
1. Enable Usage Logging in Central Administration
A. On the Central Administration home page, click Operations.
B. On the Operations page, in the Logging and Reporting section, click Usage analysis processing.
C. On the Usage Analysis Processing page, in the Logging Settings section, select Enable logging.
D. Type a log file location and number of log files to create.
E. In the Processing Settings section, select Enable usage analysis processing, and then select a time to run usage processing.
2. Enable Usage Reporting on SSP Admin Page
A. On the SSP home page, in the Portal Usage Reporting section, click Usage reporting.
B. On the Configure Advanced Usage Analysis Processing page, in the Processing Settings section, click Enable advanced usage analysis processing.
C. In the Search Query Logging section, select Enable search query logging.
3. Activate the Reporting Feature for the Site Collection
A. On the Site Actions menu, click Site Settings.
B. On the Site Settings page, in the Site Collection Administration section, click Site collection features.
C. On the Site Collection Features page, click the Activate button for the Reporting feature.
After site usage reporting is enabled the site administrators and site collection administrators will be able to view reports detailing:
* Requests and queries in the last day and the last 30 days
* Average number of requests per day over the last 30 days
* Requests per day over the last 30 days
* Top page requests over the last 30 days
* Top users over the last 30 days
* Top referring hosts over the last 30 days
* Top referring pages over the last 30 days
* Top destination pages over the last 30 days
* Top search queries for the last 30 days
* Search results top destination pages
* Number of search queries per day over the previous 30 days
* Number of search queries per month over the previous 12 months
* Top search queries over the previous 30 days
* Search Queries per search scope over the previous 30 days
Site collection administrators will be able to view reports detailing:
* Total amount of storage used by the site collection
* Percent of storage space used by Web Discussions
* Maximum storage space allowed
* Number of users for all sites in the hierarchy
* Total hits and recent bandwidth usage across all sites