User info sync problem in MOSS 2007

If synchronization of User info (profiles) between the SSP and the content databases failing to sync properly, than there are some old database GUIDs around in your SharePoint farm.

How it get’s broken, how we fix it?

Move or detached  content database improperly.

The ID for the content database is stored in the Config database. By not moving the content database properly we don’t prepare the SSP for a new GUID, and the Timer Jobs will continue to try to sync with the old GUID not allowing us to sync with the new one.

How to fix this problem?

a. Run the command “stsadm -o sync -listolddatabases 1″ You should then get a list of database GUID.

b. Run the command “stsadm -o sync -deleteolddatabases 1″ This will remove the record from the SSP database but will not touch the actual Content Database.

c. Then wait for the next sync and you should see tags getting updated.

6 thoughts on “User info sync problem in MOSS 2007

  1. Hi
    Thank you for guidance.i try it,but unfortunately your solution didn’t work.
    I wonderd if you could explain more.
    Thank you

  2. Hi
    After migrate SharePoint into new domain and new server ( with using infrastructure updater), timer job stoped(Look Timer job in SharePoint central adminstration web site)!
    I try to synch new database, but give following message:
    “No database match…”
    Please help!
    Best regards

    1. Isan, migrating SharePoint to another domain is a completely different story.
      How did you do this? Did you detache and re-attach the databases? Did you back-up and restore the databases? Did you rebuild the sharepoint farm in another domain?

      Do you see the content databases in the Central Admin:
      db

      Try to reattach the contentdabases first:

      Stsadm –o addcontentdb –url [URL of the site collection] –databasename [name of content databases for this site collection] –databaseserver [name of database server]

      After this, clear the SharePoint cache:
      Clear cache post

      Than start (force) all timer jobs again:

      stsadm -o execadmsvcjobs

      Let me know if this helps…

  3. Hi Ronald

    First, Thanks for answering.
    i did the migration like below:
    1. Create new SharePoin central admin DB & Confige DB
    2. Detach and Attach site content database, My site content database and other DB

    and perform:

    a. “stsadm -o sync -listolddatabases 1″
    b. “stsadm -o sync -deleteolddatabases 1″

    I have done what you said, but after deleting the XML file from cache they never created again.
    I waited for 1 day, but no any file create.

    Best Regards!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>